Track & Field Team
Jersey City Panthers Track Club @ PS#9 - 222 Mercer Street
The Jersey City Recreation Department is sponsoring the Jersey City Panthers Track & Field Club at PS #9, 222 Mercer Street.. The Club runs Mondays through Thursdays from 5pm to 7pm and is open to boys and girls ages five to 14. Participants train in track, shot put, rocket throw, high jump, and long jump.
For the last two years the Recreation Department Track and Field Team has sent kids to the Regionals in shot put and to both Regionals and Nationals in the 800 Meter Run. The Program is staffed by volunteers and law enforcement officials.
PS #9, 222 Mercer Street
The Indoor Season runs from October 28th through July 18th.
Participants run Cross Country in the Fall.
- This Program is free to Jersey City residents.
- Proof of residency required.
- $5 Entry Fee required. NO CASH PAYMENTS.
- Participants should dress appropriately for track.
- Click on graphic at right to download and to see age groups
or download here.
Call JC Recreation at 201-547-5003 or fax 201-547-4586 for more information. Checks should be made payable to Jersey City Recreation. Download Flyer here.