Division of Zoning Enforcement
30 Montgomery Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Tel: (201) 547-4832
Fax: (201) 547-5145
Nick Taylor, Zoning Officer
The Division of Zoning:
- Enforces and Interprets Chapter 345 – Land Development Ordinance along with Jersey City’s current use of the Master Plan
- Enforces decisions made by the Zoning Board of Adjustment, Planning Board, Historic Preservation Commission and in some cases, Municipal and Superior Court
- Reviews all construction plans, permit applications and Certificate of Occupancy applications for Zoning compliance
- Inspects construction projects for compliance with approved plans prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy
- Regulates all land use requirements, including, but not limited to fence and building height, lot dimensions, building setbacks, parking, landscaping, lighting and signage.
Anyone buying property, starting a business or questioning the legality of a particular use, parking space or any other condition enforced under Chapter 345, should contact the Zoning Division, where our knowledgeable staff will be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
The Division of Zoning Enforcement is a member of the Mayor's Quality of Life Task Force.