Division of Housing Code Enforcement
30 Montgomery Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Tel: (201) 547-4825/4824
Fax: (201) 547-5433
Edward Coleman, Director
The Division of Housing Code Enforcement has a variety of functions, all dedicated to keeping the housing stock in Jersey City safe and comfortable for its inhabitants. Among the activities of Housing Code Enforcement are:
- Respond to tenant complaints about deficient housing conditions
- Perform annual field inspections
- Provide referral service for property owners in need of financial assistance
- Perform heat and hot water inspections
- Enforce Chapter 254 (Jersey City Property Maintenance Code)
- Maintain 24 hour emergency heat & hot water hotline: (201) 547-4821
- Enforce the Vacant Buildings Registration Code.
The Office of Code Enforcement is a member of the Mayor's Quality of Life Task Force.