Office of the Construction Code Official
30 Montgomery Street
Room 412 (Main Office)
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Tel: Main - (201) 547-5055
Tel: RRC Only - (201) 547-4218
Fax: (201) 547-5270
Raymond Meyer, Construction Code Official
The Office of the Construction Code (also known as the Building Department) is empowered by §3-75 of the Jersey City Municipal Code to:
- Administer and enforce the State Uniform Construction Code and conduct the centralized issuance of permits and inspection services in accordance with N.J.S.A. 52:27D-119 et seq.
- The condemnation of properties in accordance with N.J.S.A. 40:48-2.3 et seq.
- Issue permits for alterations, additions, new buildings, and inspections both before and after occupancy is permitted.
- Conduct ongoing inspections of elevators, swimming pools, backflow preventers
- Register non-State licensed contractors
- The Office of the Construction Code Official is a member of the Mayor's Quality of Life Task Force.
Rules and Regulations
More information on applicable rules and regulations for construction are available below.
- Monday: 9:00AM to 4:00PM
- Tuesday: 9:00AM to 7:00PM
- Wednesday: 9:00AM to 4:00PM
- Thursday: 9:00AM to 7:00PM
- Friday: 9:00AM to 4:00PM
- Saturday: 9:00AM to 1:00PM (NEW)
NOTE: Window will close at 3:00PM on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 6:30PM on Tuesday and Thursday, and 12:30PM on Saturday.