The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI)
13-15 Linden Avenue East
Jersey City, NJ 07305
Telephone: (201)-547- 5166
Monday - Friday: 9AM to 5PM
Rev. Reginald McRae, Chief Officer
Rupert T. Verano, Deputy Chief Officer
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) is the central office for inter-departmental and community collaboration on issues that promote the protection and inclusion of all persons irrespective of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics.
To recruit, retain, and develop a diverse, high-performing workforce that draws from all segments of society, and values fairness, diversity and inclusion.
1) Workforce Diversity. Recruit from a diverse, qualified group of potential applicants to secure a high-performing workforce drawn from all segments of the City.
2) Workplace Inclusion. Cultivate a culture that encourages collaboration, flexibility, and fairness to enable individuals to contribute to their full potential and further retention.
3) Sustainability. Develop structures and strategies to equip leaders with the ability to manage diversity, be accountable, measure results, refine approaches on the basis of such data, and institutionalize a culture of inclusion.
The ODI’s initial initiatives include:
• Conducting an assessment of diversity needs
• Creating a database of Minority and Women-Owned businesses
• Advocating for additional measures to increase the City’s utilization of Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises
• Creating a clear, quantifiable and achievable diversity and inclusion strategy and infuse it into the environment – making diversity a municipal-wide responsibility - ensuring commitment at every level of the city
• Communicating the diversity strategy throughout the city ensuring that all employees and employers understand the strategy and its benefits
Construction Forms for Real Estate Developers, Contractors and Workers
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion maintains a database of qualified minority and women workers and business enterprises. The ODI is committed to developing a diverse, high-performing workforce that draws from all segments of society, and values fairness, diversity, and inclusion. If you are a developer, contractor, or worker, click here
Doing Business with Jersey City
In order to increase the utilization of Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises as vendors and/or service providers to the City, the ODI has hosted, “Doing Business with Jersey City”, an informative and educational workshop for Jersey City Minority and Women-Owned businesses wishing to expand their services.
If you believe that your business can offer quality goods or services at fair prices to the City of Jersey City, or wish to register for one of our future workshops, please contact the ODI.