2014 11 18 Official Twitter Bird logo 23.19     

Defective Parking Meters 

 If you wish to contest a parking ticket issued to you and your defense to the ticket is that the parking meter was “defective” please follow the instructions below:

1. Retain the ticket you received and await further instruction from the court
2. Completely fill out the Request for Inspection of Parking Meter by Parking Authority form.

3. Return the completed form to the Jersey City Municipal Court, 365 Summit Avenue, Jersey City, New Jersey  07306, Attention:  Mary C. Tomchak, or FAX the form to her at 201-459-0187.

4. The court will request that the Parking Authority check the meter in question and furnish the court with a written inspection report.

5. Upon receipt of the report from the Parking Authority, you will be notified of the report.  If the report indicates the meter was not defective, you obviously could plead guilty and pay the fine.  However, should you still wish to contest the issuance of the ticket (plead NOT GUILTY), then the matter will be listed for trial and you will be notified of the trial date.

If the report from the Parking Authority confirms your contention that the parking meter was defective, then the ticket will be forwarded to the Chief Judge of the court and the ticket will be dismissed.

©2007 City of Jersey City. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy
photo credits
Site by Oho